I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could
count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne
and in front of the Lamb.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Updates

by Jeremy

All of this has begun to sink in. A little perspective comes with time. I have talked to a few of the other guys and we are all sleeping a lot more than normal. Maybe it's the crash from living off of adrenaline for a solid week, I don't know.

I'll link to a few of the other guys' blog posts relating their experiences below this:

Scott Ronyak's writeup

Josh Moody's writeup


I have had some requests for the detailed play by play stories. I am working on a journal that I will post when it's finished, I'm about half way finished with it so far and will hopefully post it sometime this weekend.

I tried to call Dickens yesterday but his number wouldn't go through. So I emailed his uncle Josue' in Orlando to see if that was still a good number to call him. Josue' called and told me that Dickens was robbed in Santo Domingo the other night. They didn't hurt him at all, they just took his phone and money. Josue' sent him some money and he was able to get a new phone. Anyway, I finally got in touch with him at his new number. We talked for about 10 minutes and he is still very appreciative for what we did. I asked him to talk to Pastor Fob when he gets back and start discussing the possibility of us coming back at some point to do some discipleship with the young men in the community. So hopefully in the next few weeks we can start putting some of that together.

Continue to pray for the people of Haiti. Pray that the young men in Haiti who do have a love for Christ will become strong in their faith and leaders in their communities. It is not scriptural to think that the entire nation will become Christians, but it is scriptural to expect all of them to hear the Gospel.

And Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly, saying, "It was necessary that the word of God be spoken first to you. Since you thrust it aside and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we are turning to the Gentiles. For so the Lord has commanded us, saying, "'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'" And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed. And the word of the Lord was spreading throughout the whole region. Acts 13:46-49

No comments:

Post a Comment