I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could
count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne
and in front of the Lamb.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I just wanted to post a quick update about the happenings in Haiti this morning. Jeremy's team was able to sleep on bunks in the compound and actually got some rest for the first time in a few days. They even got coffee this morning :) The last information I heard from him was that Elise, the pastor of the church in Haiti, was there with them, trying to get customs to release the food. Then he said, "lots of moving around. Update later". I am unsure what exactly is going on, but hopefully that is a good sign that something is happening.



The team in Petionville stayed in the church last night in an attempt to get some rest. Unfortunately the roosters in the neighborhood had other plans for them. As soon as the guys were settled in for the evening a rooster began to crow. Then another one answered. From what I can gather, that went on all night. Poor guys! Maybe they will be so exhausted by tonight that sleep will come despite the noise. Even though they are probably walking zombies by now, it seems that God is doing wonderful things there. The locals were singing Psalms in the streets early this morning and Brett and Jeff joined them. What an amazing way to connect with the community! The team was able to buy bibles in the native language, and they are using them to share the gospel.



They started the medical clinic this morning and it seems to be going well. I do not have information about the type of medical problems they are seeing, but perhaps I will find out some time today. The team has set up stations around the church. First, the locals see the doctor, then the pharmacist, then the evangelist (Scott Ronyak). Right now there are fifty to sixty people waiting to see the doc, and while they are waiting, Brett Simmons is sharing the gospel with them through an interpreter. Scott Ronyak was priveleged to be able to lead someone to the Lord this morning! As I said, He is already doing a wonderful work through the team in Petionville.

Jeremy just called to update about the situation. I'll update after I get my little one from school.

1 comment:

  1. So thankful for this blog. Now I'll really know what to pray for each night. Thank you for blogging. To God be the Glory for all He has planned for our team in Haiti!!!

    ReplyDelete