I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could
count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne
and in front of the Lamb.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Quick Update

I'll put together a much more detailed post about the trip later this week, but I just wanted to post this before I go to work:

Here is a video of the children’s choir practicing… If you want to see something from the trip I think this sums it up. The chorus to the song they are singing is “Change My Life” or “Change la vie”. Our goal is to be the hands and feet of Christ to them to enable them to reach their community and beyond for Christ. They have actually planted two churches from scratch in these incredibly harsh conditions. We just want to come along side them and take part in the great work they are already doing.

One of the most moving moments for me was watching Junior, the assistant principal, get water out of the Hydraid filter that Richard installed for them. For the first time EVER, he is able to provide clean water for his two children and the 600 children that attend his school. That has to be empowering on so many levels. They knew that their water wasn’t clean, but they didn’t have any other choice. They had to drink the dirty water even though they knew it was bad for them. Now he can give his children water that won’t make them sick. If that isn’t a picture of Matthew 25, I don’t know what is…

Here’s the children’s choir video.

Holy Bible Church - Children's Choir from Jeremy Sanders on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment